Finding a lump can be very concerning and can cause a woman to become very anxious. Breast cancer can present in many different ways and not only necessarily in the form of a lump. Although almost no one has identical and symmetrical breasts, comparison between the two breasts will assist in giving you an idea as to whether or not there are changes. If you notice any of the following changes, please get medical advice:
- A new lump in the breast or armpit, this may be painful or not.
- A new change in the size, shape or contour of the breast.
- A thickening of breast tissue that feels distinctively different from the other part of the breast tissue.
- A change in the appearance of the skin of the breast and/or nipple. The skin may be dimpled, scaly, puckered or inflamed.
- Redness of the skin on the breast or nipple.
View original post 172 more words